Sunday, February 26, 2006

it's 4AM, I must be... something.

I made the mistake of going to bed way too early last night (9 pm) and woke up at about 1:30AM. I was unable to fall back asleep so at about 3ish I gave up and came in to play poker for a bit. It's not going well right now at all. Playing a little too loose in limit. I'm right at table average in my sit-n-go tourney. In the cash game I'm down $27. Yikes! I finished way up yesterday, winning my only tourney and winning both cash sessions. I was hoping it would be the start of a nice roll - but it is (verrrry) early today to say it's not. I played one tourney and lost so I need to place in this one to not start behind the eight ball more than I already am.

I didn't notice a lot to blog about in the sports world yesterday. No big news from the combine or spring training. The Knicks lost again yesterday by a large margin. It's sad what's happened to that team. Being a Laker fan I've never loved the Knicks but they're one of those teams - Lakers and Celtics the other ones - that should never be an embarrassment. Unfortunately, that's what they've become. A very poor joke. They deserved to be booed - not LeBron James. I give Isaiah Thomas another season before I declare him the absolute worst GM of all time. He didn't have much to work with when he started - but he's managed to turn the team into a train wreck of epic proportions. The only reason I'm giving him another season is because he was successful in the past and I hope he has a long-term grand-scheme in mind. Kevin Garnett in the offseason, maybe? If he doesn't pull a major coup in the next 10 months, someone needs to pull him and start over with Channing Frye, Eddy Curry and one of the 30 "1-guards that play like 2-guards but aren't tall enough". Good luck to them. Any time I get frustrated by the Lakers, I look on the East Coast and realize things could be much, much worse.

We're down to four in my tournament and yours truly is the chip leader so I'm going to wrap up and go pay attention. Also down $30.50 in the cash game so I need to tend to business there as well.

No comments: